The Enfield branch of the London Cycling Campaign invite you to the LCC Community Skills Summit.
Would you like to help make Enfield better for cycling, walking and wheeling? Join campaigners from all over London on Saturday, 18 November for a free day of talks, workshops and networking that will give you the skills and inspiration you need to get our council moving on active travel. You do not need to be a member of LCC to attend.
Time: 9:30AM – 5PM
Where: University of East London Docklands, E16 2RD
Whether you’re new to campaigning or have been at it for many years, all experience levels are welcome and there’ll be free lunch provided 🙂 Here’s what you can expect:
Haringey social media legend, Carla Francome, and Leo Murray of climate charity Possible will be speaking about one of the key themes of this summit: the power of emotional campaigning and focusing on engaging hearts as well as minds. There’ll also be sessions for people:
- New to campaigning
- Wanting to use more emotion in their campaigning
- Wanting to make their campaigning group more diverse and representative of their borough
- Whose councils are getting better on active travel but could be doing more
- Needing more active volunteers in their campaigning group
- Whose councils are stuck in their ways
- Trying to navigate the challenge of setbacks
- Living in a cycling paradise and not sure what to campaign for next
- Wanting to run family rides
- In outer London boroughs
- Unsure about how to share their campaigning on social media
We hope to see you there!